Mar 2008

getElementsByClassName() doesn't work?

Interesting bug--

After writing an iPhone portal for TSTN, I wanted to add login/logout support. I figured I would use the newly hyped "getElementsByClassName()" javascript method, that they talk about in some of the iPhone SDK videos.

Anyway, it worked just fine on Aspen, but it didn't work on Safari. I gave up last night, and then today I noticed that Safari was complaining about the getElementsByClassName(). I then upgraded to the latest Safari (3.1) released today, and it works.

Interesting though, it still doesn't work on the iPhone, which implies the Aspen simulator uses a different version of webkit than the actual iPhone, but not the same one that is installed on your machine by Safari.

iPhone Blog Support

How to make an iPhone specific RSS reader for your site using Dashcode, and then make your site auto-redirect to it if it detects an iPhone or iPod touch... Read More...

Setting up a Subversion on Leopard (OS X 10.5)...

Setting up a Subvsersion repository on Leopard is significantly easier than under Tiger. Instructions are included. Read More...